INDIGENOUS CULTURE INCURSION
A 90 minute ‘in-school’ PowerPoint presentation that explores Indigenous understanding and harmony, the invasion/colonization debate, the origins of man, the existence of giants, the Bigfoot & Australia's Yowies, Aboriginal astrology or Indigenous place and country and how they connected to the land.
Kadoo will also happily work with teachers and the school’s curriculum to give students an interesting and fun indigenous experience without leaving school grounds.
“Kadoo Tours were professional, informative, engaging and extremely good with the kids. It was a wonderful learning opportunity. The kids thoroughly enjoyed their time and returned to class enthused and passionate about Indigenous culture and expression. Would certainly recommend Tim, Grant and their team.”
David Mugridge, Trinity Grammar School
- take part in a ‘Welcome to the Country’ and ochre ceremony acknowledging ‘Mother Earth’;
- handle Indigenous tools, weapons, skins, bones, shells and learn how they were used;
- listen to Dream-time stories, Indigenous mythology and how the First Australians were caretakers of ‘Mother Earth’;
- Look at the changes that came with the arrival of Europeans and how the indigenous people were forced to adapt.
- Taste seasonal bush tucker
- Questions and answers.
From $12.00 + GST per student
Minimum Students: 50 Maximum unlimited
INDIGENOUS ART & CRAFT INCURSION
LEARN THE OLDEST DRAWING & WEAVING TECHNIQUES ON EARTH.
An authentic and educational experience with First Australian educators.
Kadoo and their indigenous handicraft experts will bring Indigenous skills back to life for students to learn, share and enjoy together.
- An authentic and educational experience with First Australian educators.
- Participate in traditional ceremony and sacred stories.
- Learn about Indigenous symbols, drawing techniques, traditional weaving and sustainability.
- Workshops run for approximately 2 hours allowing for changeover of classes.
- Sessions can be structured to align with your school timetable.
- Up to date Working with Children Check, Risk Assessment and Certificate of Currency provided.
From $14.00 + GST per student
Minimum Students: 40 Maximum unlimited
WRITING & LITERATURE INCURSION - 'Tales Short & Tall'
Grant Hyde, a published author of several historical fiction novels, a tour guide and educator, conducts “Tales Short & Tall” Incursions. A 90 minute ‘in-school’ experience where students will bring back to life the skills of writing with quills and parchment.
Tales short & tall incursions will give the students an insight into the incredible evolution of the written word. Let Shakespeare himself transport the children back to the first cave writing of stone age man, the hieroglyphs of the ancients, the development of the quill/pen, the origins of paper, the Renaissance & Victorian writers to modern-day coding, the new written word.
Let “Tales Short & Tall” Incursions teach your students the art of the written word.
- Students will watch a fun, informative PowerPoint presentation on the evolution of mankind’s greatest achievement, the written word.
- Listen to exciting passages from Grant’s novels as the students are asked to develop their own writing skills.
- Look at exciting props such as shark & crocodile jaws, Neanderthal and animal skulls and how they can use those to spark their own “Tales Short & Tall”.
- Use goose feather quills, fountain pens, ink and parchment to create their own masterpieces.
- Learn how their own writing can be inspired by history, their experiences and from the tales of their cherished elders.
- Discover Exciting Writing.
PRICE PER STUDENT:
90-minute incursion - $12.00 + GST
MINIMUM & MAXIMUM NUMBER PER INCURSION
40 Students minimum & 60 Students maximum