INDIGENOUS CULTURE INCURSION
A 90 minute ‘in-school’ PowerPoint presentation that explores Indigenous understanding and harmony, the invasion/colonization debate, the origins of man, the existence of giants, the Bigfoot & Australia's Yowies, Aboriginal astrology or Indigenous place and country and how they connected to the land.
Kadoo will also happily work with teachers and the school’s curriculum to give students an interesting and fun indigenous experience without leaving school grounds.
“Kadoo Tours were professional, informative, engaging and extremely good with the kids. It was a wonderful learning opportunity. The kids thoroughly enjoyed their time and returned to class enthused and passionate about Indigenous culture and expression. Would certainly recommend Tim, Grant and their team.”
David Mugridge, Trinity Grammar School
- take part in a ‘Welcome to the Country’ and ochre ceremony acknowledging ‘Mother Earth’;
- handle Indigenous tools, weapons, skins, bones, shells and learn how they were used;
- listen to Dream-time stories, Indigenous mythology and how the First Australians were caretakers of ‘Mother Earth’;
- Look at the changes that came with the arrival of Europeans and how the indigenous people were forced to adapt.
- Taste seasonal bush tucker
- Questions and answers.
From $14.00 + GST per student
1.5 hour with two (2) Presenters
Minimum Students: 50 Maximum unlimited
INDIGENOUS ART & CRAFT INCURSION
LEARN THE OLDEST DRAWING & WEAVING TECHNIQUES ON EARTH.
An authentic and educational experience with First Australian educators.
Kadoo and their indigenous handicraft experts will bring Indigenous skills back to life for students to learn, share and enjoy together.
- An authentic and educational experience with First Australian educators.
- Participate in traditional ceremony and sacred stories.
- Learn about Indigenous symbols, drawing techniques, traditional weaving and sustainability.
- Workshops run for approximately 2 hours allowing for changeover of classes.
- Sessions can be structured to align with your school timetable.
- Up to date Working with Children Check, Risk Assessment and Certificate of Currency provided.
From $14.00 + GST per student
Minimum Students: 40 Maximum unlimited
WRITING & LITERATURE INCURSION - 'Tales Short & Tall'
TALES SHORT & TALL
and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tales short & tall incursions will give students of all ages (6-13) an insight into the evolution of the written word and how to plan their own exciting adventure novel. Let Shakespeare himself oversee the children’s journey back in time using ink, quills and parchment. He will put the students on the road to formulating a ‘mind map’ and their first novel.
Grant Hyde, a published author of several historical fiction novels, runs “Tales Short & Tall” Incursions. A 90 minute‘ in-school’ experience where students will bring back to life the skills of putting pen to paper.
Let “Tales Short & Tall” Incursions teach your students the art of the written word.
- Students will compile the essential components to writing their own novels including the characters, the period and the plot.
- Listen to exciting passages from Grant’s novels as the students are asked to develop their own writing skills.
- Discover exciting props such as shark & crocodile jaws, Neanderthal and animal skulls and how they can use those to spark their own “Tales Short & Tall”.
- Use beautiful feather quills, fountain pens, ink and parchment to create their own masterpieces.
- Learn how their own writing can be inspired by history, their experiences and from the tales of their elders.
PRICE PER STUDENT, INCLUDING GST
90-minute incursion - $12.00 + GST
MINIMUM & MAXIMUM NUMBER PER INCURSION
40 Students minimum & 60 Students maximum